Practise your French listening comprehension with our ever-growing collection of interactive French audio articles and listening challenges for every CEFR level from A0 to C1!
All listening exercises are made by our qualified native French teachers to help you improve your listening comprehension and confidence.
We have 2 types of French listening exercises:
- interactive readers with French audio and text, English translation and suggested French lessons
- dictation challenges with audio and writing practice
Boost your French listening comprehension by adding the lessons you find most interesting to your Notebook and practising them later.
Click on any exercise to get started.
A1: Beginner French listening exercises
- À l'hôtel (A1)
Peter and his girlfriend check in a French hotel.
- À la boulangerie (A1)
Mrs Poiret goes to Mr Dulac's bakery this morning.
- À la gare
Henri needs to buy some train tickets.
- Au marché (A1)
Mrs Lepic goes to the market to buy some fresh produce.
- Bonne fête des mères (A1)
Caroline enjoys her first Mother's Day!
- Ça ne va pas ! (A1)
Pascal meets with Lucie who doesn't feel well at all.
- Cache-cache avec Lucas (A1)
Lucie plays hide-and-seek with her toddler Lucas.
- Chercher un travail (A1)
Patrick is looking for an accounting job.
- Choisir le dîner (A1)
Philippe and Sonia are discussing what to have for dinner.
- Choisir un restaurant (A1)
Marina and Joël decide where to go for dinner.
- Commander une pizza (A1)
Lucas orders pizzas for everyone.
- Conversation du matin (A1)
Rosalie and Martin meet at the breakfast table.
- Cunégonde la sorcière (A1)
Meet the meanest witch in town!
- Dans ma ville (A1)
Gabrielle tells us about her town.
- Dans mon jardin (A1)
Clara describes her garden.
- Déjeuner du dimanche (A1)
Tamara is at the market to buy food for Sunday lunch.
- Dommage ! (A1)
Marie tells Tom why she can't come to Lucie's party tonight.
- En terrasse (A1)
Julien and Laure order drinks on a terrace.
- En voiture (A1)
Laurent tells Julie that he's stuck in traffic.
- Famille chérie (A1)
Marina talks about her beloved family.
- Florence Foresti (A1)
Élodie tells us about Lyon-born, famous stand-up Florence Foresti.
- J'adore Superbus ! (A1)
Sonia tells us about her favourite French band Superbus.
- J'aime ma voiture ! (A1)
Charlotte tells us why she loves driving.
- Je m'occupe de ma maison (A1)
Lucie takes care of domestic tasks.
- Je me décris (A1)
Sophie describes herself to us.
- L'argent de poche (A1)
Sarah tells us about her pocket money.
- La Côte d'Ivoire (A1)
Aminata shares some interesting facts about Ivory Coast.
- La Fête des Lumières à Lyon (A1)
Julien enjoys Lyon's Light Festival at Christmas.
- La maison de Gérard
Lucie interviews Gérard about his house.
- La météo des amies (A1)
Léa and Alice talk about today's weather in their respective cities.
- La pâtisserie du dimanche (A1)
Stéphanie likes to make cakes with her daughter Pauline on Sundays.
- La répartition des tâches (A1)
Lisa tells us how chores are shared out in her house.
- Le club de foot de Marseille (A1)
Patrick is a big fan of the Olympique de Marseille, the city's football [US: soccer] club.
- Le festival de Cannes (A1)
Fabien talks about the famous French film festival.
- Le jour de Noël (A1)
Simon has his own Christmas routine.
- Le journal d'Adam
Adam introduces himself and explains why he's starting a diary.
- Le matin (A1)
Aline tells us about her morning routine.
- Le ski avec l'école (A1)
Émilie tells us about her skiing school trip.
- Le Sun7 Beach de Marie-Galante (A1)
Élise loves this beach restaurant on the island of Marie-Galante in Guadeloupe.
- Les bonnes choses de la vie (A1)
Valérie shares her tips to make herself feel better.
- Les commémorations du 11 novembre (A1)
Alice explains France's November 11 commemorations.
- Les costumes de Mardi Gras (A1)
Julie tells us about her favourite Mardi Gras costumes.
- Les desserts (A1)
Paul tells us about his most and least favourite desserts.
- Les loisirs créatifs avec mon fils (A1)
Isabelle loves doing arts and crafts with her little boy!
- Les matins d'examen (A1)
Marina has her exam morning routine sorted.
- Ma boulangerie préférée (A1)
Camille explains why she loves her local bakery.
- Ma famille (A1)
Sébastien tells us about his family.
- Ma maison (A1)
Sophie describes her lovely little house.
- Ma maman chérie (A1)
Aurélie tells us about her mother.
- Ma routine beauté (A1)
Anaïs tells us about her beauty routine.
- Ma routine linguistique (A1)
Lisa has a great routine to improve her English.
- Ma vie dans les Pyrénées (A1)
Estelle lives in the Pyrenees mountains, in Southwestern France.
- Marie en France (A1)
What does Marie do when she's on a typical holiday?
- Mes amis internationaux (A1)
Lucie introduces her friends from all around the world.
- Mes boissons préférées
Aline and Manuel tell us what their favourite drinks are.
- Mes nouvelles résolutions (A1)
Amélie tells us about her New Year's resolutions.
- Mes soirées Netflix (A1)
Amélie loves watching Netflix in the evening.
- Mes vacances d'été (A1)
Paul is travelling to the USA this summer.
- Mes vêtements d'automne (A1)
Lucie loves her autumn clothes!
- Mon chocolat préféré (A1)
Vincent and Judith have their own favourite types of chocolate.
- Mon fils et ses livres
Noémie's son has a passion for books !
- Mon papa adoré (A1)
Charlotte tells about her beloved dad.
- Mon pays (A1)
Refugee Mina sometimes misses her home country.
- Mon programme de Saint-Valentin (A1)
Sonia has many things to do before her Valentine's date with Luc.
- Mon Thanksgiving (A1)
Stella explains what she likes about Thanksgiving.
- Mon type de monument préféré (A1)
Patrick and Solange are discussing what type of monument they prefer visiting.
- Noël approche ! (A1)
Christmas is coming closer and Marina has a lot to do!
- Nos plats préférés d'Alsace (A1)
Sophie and Alex are talking about their favourite Alsatian dishes.
- Notre festin de Noël (A1)
Marie is in charge of this year's Christmas dinner, and there's a lot to do!
- Où es-tu ? (A1)
Pierre is lost and needs directions.
- Où est la cathédrale ? (A1)
Camille asks for directions on the street in France.
- Où est la Tour Eiffel, s’il vous plaît ? (A1)
Janine gives directions to a group of tourists lost in Paris.
- Pas d'Halloween pour moi ! (A1)
Grumpy Gérard tells us why he hates Hallowe'en.
- Pierre le youtubeur (A1)
Lisa's son Pierre is a millionaire at only 8 years old thanks to Youtube.
- Profession basketteur (A1)
Jordan talks about his job as a professional basketball player.
- Promenade dans Lille (A1)
Benoît is having a nice walk around Lille's city centre.
- Qu'est-ce qu'ils portent aujourd'hui ? (A1)
Amélie describes the way her friends are dressed today
- Qu’est-ce que tu aimes manger en automne ? (A1)
Lucie tells us what her favourite autumn food is.
- Quasimodo se présente (A1)
The Hunchback of Notre-Dame introduces himself.
- Quel âge as-tu ? (A1)
Henri tells us how old he and his family are.
- Quel est ton moyen de transport préféré ? (A1)
Mia and Yoan discuss their favourite means of transport.
- Régions de mon cœur (A1)
Aurélie wrote this little poem about her favourite French regions.
- Réparer le toit (A1)
Magalie has decided to fix her roof herself.
- Réserver un hôtel (A1)
Adrien is booking a hotel room.
- Stéphanie se présente (A1)
Stéphanie introduces herself to us.
- Télé ou pas télé ? (A1)
Mathilde and Amélie have opposite views on watching TV.
- Tu connais La Réunion ? (A1)
Learn a few facts about this French Overseas Territory.
- Tu fais du sport ? (A1)
Thierry and Maya talk about the sports they practise.
- Un billet pour Madrid ! (A1)
Justine is booking a return flight to Madrid.
- Un nouveau colocataire (A1)
Gabrielle welcomes her new roommate Simon.
- Un weekend à Bruges (A1)
Olivia is spending a magical weekend in lovely Bruges.
- Une après-midi au parc (A1)
Nothing nicer than a sunny afternoon at the park!
- Une carte postale de France (A1)
Émilie sends a postcard from France to her friend Sarah.
- Une élève enthousiaste (A1)
Emma is ready to go back to school!
- Une journée à Paris (A1)
Sylvie spends the day in the French capital.
- Une Journée Chargée - part 1 (A1)
Marc tells us about the busy day he has ahead of him!
- Une Journée Chargée - part 2 (A1)
Marc tells us about the busy day he has ahead of him!
- Une semaine de solidarité (A1)
Sophie does something nice for her elderly neighbour every day of the week.
- Une vie de fantôme (A1)
The ghost of the Palace of Versailles tells us about its life.
- Une visite chez les grands-parents (A1)
Xavier visits his grandparents every Saturday.
- Vacances paresseuses (A1)
Lucie likes being lazy when she's on holiday [US: vacation] at home.
- Ville ou campagne ? (A1)
Stéphane and Amélie discuss their preferences between living in a city or in the countryside.
- Visite de Genève (A1)
Danielle is enjoying her visit to Geneva in Switzerland.
- Vive l'argent ! (A1)
Lydia loves spending money!
- Cher journal
Discover Lisa's daily routine while practising your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Entretien avec un vampire
Check out this interview inspired by Anne Rice's novel to practise your French listening and reading comprehension.
- James se présente
Listen to this interview of James while practising your A1 French reading and listening comprehension.
- La Comptine des Vêtements
Practise your A1 French listening skills with a nursery rhyme about clothing.
- Marie in France
Enjoy a day in France while practising your A1 French reading and listening comprehension.
- Petits Portraits entre Amis
Discover these portraits of six friends while practising your reading and listening comprehension.
- Vive l'automne !
Find out why fall is the best season, while practising your French A1 reading and listening comprehension.
- Vive le chocolat !
Enjoy this little poem by Aurélie for chocolate lovers everywhere, while practising your A1 French reading and listening comprehension.
A2: Lower Intermediate French listening exercises
- À la Fête de la Musique (A2)
Samuel really enjoyed Music Day this year.
- À la piscine (A2)
Muriel went to the swimming pool yesterday.
- Arnaud le voyageur (A2)
Charlotte tells us about her friend Arnaud who loves traveling.
- Au barbecue (A2)
Stéphane and Aline have a chat around the barbecue.
- Au château de Cheverny (A2)
Laurence visited one of the most famous Loire Valley Castles.
- Au cirque (A2)
Adeline went to the circus yesterday and tells us all about it!
- Au Parc de la Tête d'Or à Lyon (A2)
Sabrina took her nephew to Lyon's favourite park.
- Au petit-déjeuner (A2)
Lucie is grumpy this morning at the breakfast table.
- Au restaurant (A2)
Ophélie is ordering food at the restaurant.
- Balade en forêt (A2)
Sabrina went for a long walk in the snowy woods.
- Bonjour ! (A2)
Alice tells us a bit about herself.
- Carte postale du sud de la France (A2)
Emma writes to her parents about her holiday [US: vacation].
- Célébrer Hanoucca (A2)
Rachelle celebrated the first day of Hanukkah with her son Sam.
- Cette fois, j'arrête ! (A2)
Louis tried to stop smoking before, but this time will be different!
- Changement de garde-robe (A2)
Mélanie is happy to say goodbye to winter fashion.
- Chez la fleuriste (A2)
Greg wants to buy some flowers for his Valentine.
- Chez le dentiste (A2)
Liliane is at the dentist's for a toothache.
- Chez le docteur (A2)
Mrs Potin goes to see the doctor for a cold.
- Chez le garagiste (A2)
Laura brings her car to the garage.
- Choisir ses études (A2)
Lisa and Marc discuss what they've chosen to study at uni.
- Comptine du Cartable (A2)
Ever wondered what goes on in your school bag at night... Here's an original nursery rhyme by Aurélie.
- Dans la boutique de souvenirs (A2)
Lydia is looking for a souvenir for her niece Hayley in Paris.
- Des voisins adorables (A2)
Joséphine is very grateful for her helpful young neighbours.
- Devenir ballerine (A2)
Gaëlle always knew she'd become a ballerina.
- Devenir tata ! (A2)
Aurélie has become an aunt for the first time!
- Didier Drogba, mon footballeur préféré (A2)
A father discusses his football [US:soccer] idol Didier Drogba with his daughter.
- Dispute entre frère et sœur (A2)
Mum [US: Mom] has to get involved in an argument between Bruno and his sister Julie.
- Dispute entre sœurs (A2)
Anna and Fifi are having a heated argument.
- Entretien avec une chanteuse (A2)
Arnaud interviews singer Mélanie about her latest tour.
- Fans de sport (A2)
Anne-Marie and her friend Nicolas used to practise lots of different sports.
- L'école en France (A2)
Learn about the early stages of school in France.
- La Dune du Pilat (A2)
Sabrina saw this famous sand dune for the first time this summer.
- La fabrication des œufs en chocolat (A2)
Élodie made her own Easter eggs this year.
- La Gaspésie (A2)
Learn about the Gaspé Peninsula, also known as Gaspesia, in Quebec, Canada.
- La journée internationale de Star Wars (A2)
Juliette loves celebrating Star Wars Day.
- La marche du 8 mars (A2)
Joseph went to the Women's March on March 8.
- La Parade (A2)
This year, Aurélie is organising Mardi Gras's parade!
- La première astronome (A2)
Edmée Chandon, first French female astronomist, tells us about herself.
- La Toussaint en France (A2)
Learn how French people celebrate All Saints' Day.
- La veille de Noël (A2)
Here's what Yann, 8, did on Christmas Eve.
- Laver la voiture (A2)
Élise washed her car this weekend.
- Le 14 juillet (A2)
Do you actually know why France's National Day is July 14th?
- Le Fest-Noz (A2)
Julien finds out what type of music festival Fest-Noz is.
- Le matin de Pâques (A2)
Alice tells us about her children's egg hunt.
- Le mime Marceau (A2)
Xavier is a big fan of the world famous Strasbourg-born mime.
- Le perruquier (A2)
Geoffrey used to work as a wigmaker at the opera.
- Le pouvoir de changer (A2)
Émilie realised she had the power to change.
- Le soir d'Halloween (A2)
On Hallowe'en night, monsters have fun!
- Le tapis rouge (A2)
Sabrina and her husband were very elegant on the red carpet.
- Le water-polo (A2)
Samir tells us about his favourite sport: water polo.
- Les châtaigniers (A2)
In the fall, Christine loves going to the woods to pick up chestnuts.
- Les consignes de la prof (A2)
In the beginning of a French lesson, the teacher gives instructions to the students.
- Les humeurs de mon fils (A2)
Mathilde's son was always in a bad mood until she tried something new.
- Les problèmes de circulation de ma ville (A2)
Bastien talks about his city's main environmental issue: traffic.
- Les souvenirs d'une libraire (A2)
Brigitte used to work in a bookshop.
- Les travaux d'à côté (A2)
Aline can't wait for next door's construction works to be over!
- Ma chambre d'enfant (A2)
Yann's childhood bedroom was very colourful.
- Ma correspondante (A2)
Marina tells us how she met her penpal Sophie.
- Ma nouvelle alimentation bio (A2)
Louise tells us how she changed her diet for environmental reasons.
- Ma première console (A2)
Émilie got her first console for her birthday.
- Ma première rentrée (A2)
Lisa remembers her first day of school.
- Ma tante Elsa (A2)
Jérémie loves his fun auntie Elsa!
- Ma vie amoureuse mouvementée (A2)
Lisa tells us about her latest dating experience.
- Malchance au casino (A2)
Yvan is not very happy with his first time in a casino.
- Marie-Antoinette (A2)
Here's a quick biography of Marie-Antoinette, "last" queen of France (pre-French Revolution).
- Merci pour mon anniversaire ! (A2)
Julien thanks his partner Patricia for his surprise birthday party.
- Mon appartement est trop chaud ! (A2)
Annie's flat [US: apartment] is unbearable during heatwaves.
- Mon chien Jack et moi (A2)
Émilie talks about her beloved dog Jack.
- Mon histoire d'amour (A2)
Léo tells us how he met his husband, Jean-Marc.
- Mon nouvel ordinateur (A2)
Irène's new computer is much better than her old one!
- Mon petit frère (A2)
Léon's younger brother is his best friend... now!
- Mon poisson rouge (A2)
Émilie loves her goldfish Oscar !
- Mon premier vote (A2)
Emma was very excited to be voting for the first time!
- Mon programme de la semaine dernière (A2)
Jacques had a very busy week!
- Mon sport préféré (A2)
Find out which new sport Marianne has enjoyed at school.
- Mon voisin Gilbert (A2)
Frank got to know his elderly neighbour.
- Montrer son amour à ses parents (A2)
Julie and Sarah discuss how to show their parents how much they love them.
- Nos bonnes résolutions (A2)
After a difficult year, Hélène and Sylvie made nice plans for 2022.
- Ouvrir un compte (A2)
Jean-Pascal just opened a new bank account.
- Pâques en France (A2)
Learn about some of France's Easter traditions.
- Perdu sur la plage (A2)
Arnaud needs help finding his spot back on the beach.
- Pot de départ en retraite (A2)
Diane gives a toast to Robert, who's retiring.
- Problème d'addition (A2)
There's been a mistake on Julie and Olivier's restaurant bill.
- Qu'est-ce que la Journée Internationale des Femmes ? (A2)
Aurélie tells us what the International Women's Day is about.
- Qui suis-je ? (A2)
A French author is introducing herself: will you guess who she is?
- Rencontrer mon neveu (A2)
Henri met his baby nephew in the maternity ward.
- Réveil au camping (A2)
Julien greets Hélène outside their tent in the morning.
- Sortie entre filles (A2)
Julie spent the night out with her best friend Sophie.
- Suivre l'actualité (A2)
Liliane tells us how and why she follows the news regularly.
- Travailler dans la francophonie (A2)
Lucie liked working to promote Francophone culture around the world.
- Un anniversaire parfait (A2)
Marielle had the most perfect anniversary.
- Un cadeau pour tout le monde ! (A2)
Henriette tells us what Christmas presents she got for her relatives.
- Un dîner agité ! (A2)
Caroline tells us about last night's hectic dinner!
- Un hôtel incroyable ! (A2)
Margaux is delighted with the hotel she spent the weekend at.
- Un jeune sauveteur (A2)
Benjamin was 13 when he saved his brothers' lives.
- Un matin paresseux (A2)
Gabrielle and her boyfriend Cyril had a lazy morning.
- Un mauvais numéro (A2)
Lucas has the wrong number!
- Un retour difficile (A2)
Elizabeth isn't looking forward to going back to work.
- Un Thanksgiving tout simple (A2)
Christina's Thanksgiving has to be simpler this year, but everyone is helping!
- Un vol en montgolfière (A2)
Learn more about the origin of hot air balloons and join us for a ride!
- Une fête d'anniversaire réussie ! (A2)
Florence's son had a space-themed party for his birthday!
- Une invitation manquée (A2)
Romain tells Sophie why he can't go to Lisa's birthday party.
- Une promenade en ville (A2)
Marie took her English cousin Peter on a walk around the village.
- Une tradition de décembre (A2)
Solène remembers what she and her mother used to do every December.
- Visite au Musée Fabre de Montpellier (A2)
Léa enjoyed her visit of Montpellier's main art museum.
- Zidane (A2)
The most famous French footballer [US:soccer player] introduces himself.
- À la gare
Buy some train tickets with Geoffrey and Agathe, while practising your A2 French reading and listening comprehension.
- C'est quoi les Outre-mer ?
Learn about France's overseas territories and their different statuses, while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Carte postale
Enjoy this postcard about Magalie's stay with her grandparents, while practising your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Chaud ou froid ?
Too hot or too cold? Luc and Amélie discuss their preferences in this A2 bilingual reader.
Learn about Hallowe'en, while practising your A2 French reading and listening skills.
- Kwiziq French Film Fest
Discover Kwiziq team's French film mini reviews of their favorite movies.
- La fin des vacances
Enjoy this podcast interview about the end of holiday [US: vacation] while practising your French reading and listening skills.
- La semaine des Martin
Article about a busy week of activities for the Martin family.
- Les vacances à la mer de Lola
Discover Lola's childhood seaside holiday [US: vacation], while practising your A2 listening and reading comprehension.
- Lettre à France - Michel Polnareff
Enjoy French singer Michel Polnareff's cult love "letter" to France, and sing along while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Lettre à un ami
Catch up with Kévin's life in this letter, while practising your A2 French reading and listening skills.
- Ma première rentrée des classes
Élodie remembers her first day of school in this A2 bilingual article.
- Petit Ours Brun fait des crêpes
Watch this cute video about making crêpes to practise your listening and reading comprehension.
- Petit Pangolin Malin - Comptine d'Afrique
Listen and sing along to this cute African nursery rhyme, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Un mauvais numéro
Wrong number! Listen to this friendly exchange while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Un samedi à Paris
Take a stroll around Paris while working on your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Une journée chargée
Lucas has a busy day of shopping and socialising in this bilingual article.
- What is Ramadan?
Learn about the holy month of Ramadan while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
B1: Intermediate French listening exercises
- À la mercerie (B1)
Sophie goes to the haberdashery [US: sewing store] to get some advice.
- À la pharmacie (B1)
Victor goes to the pharmacy.
- Allergies de printemps (B1)
Blandine is not looking forward to her spring allergies...
- Allô les pompiers ? (B1)
Élodie is calling the Fire Brigade.
- Apéro en terrasse (B1)
Julien enjoys aperitifs with friends on long summer evenings.
- Au départ de l'hôtel (B1)
Laëtitia is leaving her hotel.
- Au Festival de Cannes (B1)
Damien will enjoy the Cannes Festival in person this year.
- Au magasin de bricolage (B1)
Paul asks the DIY shop assistant for some advice.
- Au McDo (B1)
Magalie and Marc order at a French McDonald's.
- Au mini golf (B1)
Alicia and Thomas enjoy an afternoon of mini golf.
- Au revoir la plage (B1)
Say farewell to summer with this text inspired by Brigitte Bardot's famous song "La Madrague".
- Blanche-Neige (B1)
Once upon a time, there was a princess named Snow White...
- Camping à la montagne (B1)
Solène went camping in the French Alps with her friend Tina.
- Canicule : conseils de prévention (B1)
Gabriel gives us advice to deal with the heatwave.
- Chez le mécanicien (B1)
Sylvie went to pick up her car from the garage.
- Chez le vétérinaire (B1)
Lucie's little puppy has hurt his paw...
- Clovis, roi des Francs (B1)
Learn about the first king of the Franks.
- Comment rester en forme après 60 ans ? (B1)
Here are a few ideas on how to improve your health when you're 60 and up.
- Daisy chez le vétérinaire (B1)
Madame Lambert takes her dog, Daisy, to the vet.
- Délicieuse rédaction ! (B1)
Isabelle has the perfect excuse for not handing her homework in...
- Départ en vacances (B1)
Valérie's family has to get up early to get a plane tomorrow, but no worries! She's very organised.
- Départ pour Rio (B1)
Captain Patrick Dupuis does the flight announcement.
- Des petits-enfants reconnaissants (B1)
Céline's children wrote messages of gratitude to their grandparents.
- Des révisions utiles (B1)
Aïssa thanks her private tutor Catherine for her help with her revisions.
- Des vacances à l'étranger (B1)
Mélanie was happy to know some Italian on her holiday [US: vacation]!
- Deux Saint-Valentin opposées (B1)
For Yvan, this year's Valentine's Day will be quite different from last year.
- Donjons et Dragons (B1)
Sylvain is a big fan of Dungeons and Dragons.
- En attendant bébé... (B1)
Grégory and his partner Lisa are getting ready for the baby.
- En gardant mes neveux (B1)
Anissa babysat her niece and nephew this weekend.
- Gérer la reprise du travail après les vacances (B1)
Jean-François gives us some tips to ease going back to work.
- J'adore Le Cinquième Élément !
Audrey talks about her love for Luc Besson's "The Fifth Element".
- J'adore nager ! (B1)
Émilie loves swimming, but it wasn't always the case.
- Je ne veux pas tomber malade ! (B1)
Monica is annoyed: despite all her efforts, she gets sick every year!
- Je veux un appart plus grand ! (B1)
Valérie dreams of a bigger flat [US: appartement] than her current studio.
- Journée chez Astérix (B1)
Patricia hopes to be able to take her kids to the Parc Astérix tomorrow.
- L'auberge espagnole (2002) (B1)
Discover the plot of the French film "Pot Luck" [US: The Spanish Apartment].
- L'invitation perdue (B1)
Stéphane tells Inès about an upcoming party.
- L'origine du feu (B1)
Fire is one of the most important discoveries in human history.
- L’œuvre d’Émile Zola (B1)
Learn more about famous French writer Emile Zola.
- La chasse aux œufs de Pâques (B1)
Jonathan is in charge of the family's Easter egg hunt this year.
- La fête d'Halloween
Catherine tells us about the tradition of Hallowe'en.
- La Grande Braderie de Lille (B1)
Rose can't wait to visit the Lille Braderie next September!
- La maison de Colette (B1)
Laurence enjoyed visiting the famous French writer's childhood house.
- La maison de mes rêves
Angela describes what her dream house would be like.
- La mode de seconde main (B1)
Sonia decided to stop buying brand-new clothes.
- La mort de la reine Elizabeth II (B1)
Here's a French news announcement about the death of the long-reigning British Queen.
- La parité (B1)
Christine asked the HR manager for a raise.
- La recette de la tartiflette (B1)
Sandra gives us her delicious tartiflette recipe.
- La Saint-Valentin à la maison (B1)
This year, Laurence's boyfriend organised a special "stay-at-home" Valentine's Day.
- La Serre aux Papillons (B1)
Julien tells Sabine about visiting the interesting Butterfly House.
- Le GPS de mon portable (B1)
Flora gives Eric some tips on how to use the GPS on a smartphone.
- Le jour des rois (B1)
Marie tells us about the French tradition of the "galette des rois".
- Le Parlement européen à Strasbourg (B1)
Learn about this European institution located in Strasbourg.
- Le secret des mamans (B1)
Magalie wonders how her mother is so good at embarrassing her.
- Le Téléthon (B1)
Maëlle will take part in the national charity event that is the Telethon.
- Les plages du Débarquement (B1)
Geoffrey is planning a historical trip to Normandy's D-Day beaches.
- Les soldes (B1)
Juliette shopped the sales with her friends
- Les spécialités québécoises (B1)
Discover some delicious Quebec specialities.
- Ma journée de Noël (B1)
Léonie tells us what she'll do on Christmas day!
- Ma rencontre avec Éric (B1)
Charlotte remembers how she met her husband-to-be.
- Ma soirée du Nouvel An (B1)
This year, Alice is hosting New Year's Eve !
- Mes bêtes noires au cinéma (B1)
Clémence tells us about her pet peeves when going to the cinema.
- Mes vacances de ski à Albertville (B1)
Florian hopes to go back to Albertville for his skiing holiday [US: vacation] this year.
- Mon année sabbatique (B1)
Gaspard has big plans for his gap year before university.
- Mon homme idéal (B1)
Charlotte describes what her ideal man would look like.
- Mon idole Roger Federer (B1)
Philippe tells us why he admires the famous Swiss tennisman so much.
- Mon Réveillon du Nouvel An idéal (B1)
Ilona knows exactly how she'll celebrate New Year's Eve next year.
- Nager avec les dauphins (B1)
Émilie can't wait to realise her life-long dream of swimming with dolphins.
- Ouille Ouille Ouille ! (B1)
Ouch! Pascal lists all his ailments for his doctor ...
- Pourquoi apprendre une langue étrangère ? (B1)
There are many benefits to learning a foreign language.
- Préparatifs pour le ski (B1)
Jean-Marc's family is getting ready to go skiing this winter!
- Problème de machine (B1)
Louise's washing machine is broken! What can she do?
- Programme de remise en forme (B1)
Sylvie wants to get in shape for her next holiday [US: vacation].
- Quand je serai papa... (B1)
Christophe knows what kind of dad he wants to be one day.
- Quelles séries tu préfères ? (B1)
Aline and Larissa are discussing their favourite French TV series.
- Quitter la maison (B1)
Stéphane tells us of his loving relationship with his parents as he's about to leave home.
- Rendez-vous pour le contrôle technique (B1)
Martin books an appointment for his car's inspection.
- Retard de train (B1)
Noémie and her family had to wait a long time for their train.
- Rêve de vacances (B1)
Lucas dreams of his perfect sunny holiday!
- Shopping de Noël (B1)
Valérie left her Christmas shopping to the last minute again!
- Si j’avais le pouvoir d’être invisible (B1)
Olivia imagines everything she would do if she could be invisible.
- Si mon père gagnait au loto... (B1)
Victor knows exactly what his dad would do with this money!
- Simone Veil (B1)
Irène introduces this larger-than-life French magistrate and politician.
- Souvenirs de lessive (B1)
Sébastien remembers his afternoons at his grandparents' laundrette.
- Star Wars ou Star Trek ? (B1)
Star Wars or Star Trek? Marc and Carrie both have interesting arguments.
- Taper une invitation (B1)
Aurélie tells us how she'll create her daughter's birthday invitation on her computer.
- Thé ou Café ? (B1)
Joséphine discusses the benefits of these two hot favourites.
- Toulouse, la Ville Rose (B1)
Learn where the Southern French city got her colourful nickname from.
- Travailler en équipe (B1)
Xavier tells us why he likes working in a team.
- Un appel à la banque (B1)
Philippe is calling his bank about a letter he received recently.
- Un cadeau peut en cacher un autre (B1)
Cathy has a nice surprise in stock for her mother on Mother's Day.
- Un frère malicieux
Arthur loves scaring his big sister on Hallowe'en.
- Un Nouvel An différent (B1)
Stéphane has planned quite different New Year celebrations for this year.
- Un papa fier (B1)
Geoffrey tells us about his three beloved children.
- Un petit visiteur (B1)
A little hedgehog started visiting Inès and her family.
- Un poème-bouquet pour Maman (B1)
Here's a lovely poem by our own Aurélie to celebrate Mother's Day in flowers.
- Un projet coûteux (B1)
Martine wants to reduce her spending to buy a new car.
- Un weekend gâché (B1)
Marie's romantic weekend away gets spoiled by unforeseen bad weather.
- Une chambre d'ado (B1)
Florence is giving her son chores to tidy up his messy room.
- Une commande très spécifique (B1)
Sally wants her dessert served in a very specific way.
- Une future mamie (B1)
Viviane can't wait to become a dotting grandma!
- Une Saint Valentin entre copines (B1)
Charlotte is spending this year's Valentine's Day with her best friends!
- Une visite au musée mouvementée (B1)
Sisters Manon and Émilie are bickering during a visit to the museum!
- Vacances à la mer vs Vacances à la montagne (B1)
Alice prefers seaside holidays [US: vacations] to going to the mountains.
- Vacances à Montréal (B1)
Gaspard looks forward to finally visiting Montreal.
- Visite d'un aquarium (B1)
Sébastien loved visiting La Rochelle's giant aquarium.
- 20 March: International Day of Francophonie
Celebrate Francophonie by learning about a few French-speaking countries that you might not be familiar with.
- À quoi ça sert de recycler ses déchets ?
What's the point of recycling? Professor Gamberge explains all to a skeptical Charlotte in this animated video.
- Ainsi Font, Font, Font (Comptines de France)
Dance and sing along with this famous French nursery rhyme's little puppets while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Alpine French School
Learn about the Alpine French School where you can ski and learn French at the same time, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Après le coronavirus
Discover Marianne's post-lockdown plans, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Bonne fête des Mères !
Learn about Mother's Day in France while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Bonne fête des Pères !
Learn about Father's Day in France, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- C'est qui Coluche ?
Learn about French icon Coluche in this cute animated video.
- C'est quoi le 14 juillet ?
Learn about France's National Holiday and its origins, while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Comme d'habitude - Claude François
Discover the lyrics of "Comme d'habitude", the original French version of Sinatra's "My Way", while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Comment est née la langue française ?
Where did the French language come from? Get the short answer in this cute animated video for children.
- Comment fabriquer une piñata d'Halloween
Learn how to make a special piñata for Halloween, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Comment rafraîchir les villes et les maisons tout en restant écologique
Discover interesting ways to sustainably cool down buildings and cities in this video, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Comment rester en bonne santé
Get tips to stay healthy while practising your French reading and listening skills.
- Connaissez-vous bien le vin ?
Test your knowledge about wine making in France with this fun questionnaire, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Conseils pratiques pour profiter des marchés de Noël
Get some practical advice to help you make the most of Christmas markets, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- D'où vient la tradition du marché de Noël ?
Learn a bit of the history behind France's traditional Christmas markets in this cute video.
- D'où vient le nom des Schtroumpfs ?
Learn how the name of les Schtroumpfs (Smurfs) came to be, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Dame Tartine (Comptines de France)
Sing along to this delicious French nursery rhyme while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Des températures record pour le mois de mai en France et en Espagne (2022)
Listen to this news report about May 2022 heatwave in France and Spain, while practising your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Divali : la Fête des Lumières à Vancouver
Learn about the joyful festival of Diwali, celebrated by Indians all over the world, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- DIY Pâques - Œuf avec message surprise à l'intérieur
Follow this tutorial to make a fun decorated egg with a surprise message inside, while practising your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Éclipse en Guadeloupe
While the Great American Total Eclipse was just a partial eclipse in Guadeloupe, it was still a sight to behold and required the same special glasses.
- Édith Piaf - portrait français
Édith Piaf was a French cabaret singer and international star. Read and listen to our bilingual article, then listen to a few of her classic songs.
- Festival de Cannes
One of the most famous and prestigious film festivals in the world is held annually in Cannes. Learn a bit of its history and traditions in this French video with transcript and translation.
- Festival des cerfs-volants
Berck-sur-Mer is home to an annual kite-flying festival - and it's going on right now! Learn about this colorful event with this video while working on your French listening comprehension.
- France Gall, la groupie du pianiste
France Gall passed away in January 2018. Learn about this French singer with a unique voice in our bilingual article.
- French Elections
Learn about French elections while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Game of Thrones (no spoilers)
For all you GoT fans out there (and anyone who'd just like to know what all the fuss is about), here's a video talking about all the records this fantasy TV show broke in its eight-year run.
Learn about the Muslim pilgrimage of Hajj while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Il est né le divin Enfant (Chant de Noël)
Sing along to this very popular French Christmas carol, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Il y a un monstre sous mon lit !
Enjoy this lovely monster story, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Inventions françaises
Hundreds if not thousands of products you use every day started out as nothing more than an idea - and many of those ideas were originally French.
- Jardin d'hiver, de Keren Ann
Practise your French listening and reading comprehension with this wintery song.
- Joyeux Hanoucca !
Learn more about the Jewish festival of Hanukkah, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Kwiziq French Film Fest - C.R.A.Z.Y.
Here's Aurelie's selection for the Kwiziq French Film Fest: French Canadian film "C.R.A.Z.Y."
- Kwiziq French Film Fest - Le Gendarme de Saint-Tropez
Here's Grzegab's review of this French comedy classic for the Kwiziq French Film Fest.
- L'anniversaire de Cyril
Practise listening and reading with this story about a surprise party.
- L'Arnacœur - French Film Fest
The first Kwiziq French Film Fest review comes from none other than our CEO, Gareth "Gruff" Davies.
- L'enseignement en ligne : Témoignage de Céline
Learn about some of the pros and cons of online teaching in this interview with Céline.
- L'oral de français en Première
At the end of "Première," the penultimate year of French high school, French students have to take a literary oral exam. Many of the tips offered in this video can be applied to other oral exams.
- La chasse aux œufs
Join the hunt for Easter eggs with this French audio article.
- La châtaigne, trésor d'automne
Learn about a family business making chestnut cream, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- La fête de la Saint-Patrick
Saint Patrick's Day is the most important day of the year for Irish people all over the world. Learn about this 17 March celebration with this video.
- La lettre d'amour d'un vampire
Enjoy this lovelorn vampire's love letter, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- La Mère Michel (Comptines de France)
Sing along to the famous French nursery rhyme "La Mère Michel" while practising your French listening comprehension.
- La pelote basque (Les sports régionaux de France)
Discover the Basque country's own ball game "Pelota Basqua", while you practise your French reading and listening comprehension.
- La rentrée des classes de Mathilde
Discover Mathilde's well-organised plan for the first day back-to-school, , while practising your French B1 reading and listening comprehension.
- La tradition de la Galette des Rois
Have you ever eaten a Galette des Rois? This famous French cake, eaten only in January, contains a surprise!
- La valeur inestimable de Notre-Dame de Paris
Notre-Dame de Paris, a jewel of French Gothic architecture, was partly destroyed by fire on 15 April 2019. Learn about some of the damage that was done in this video.
- Le Bataclan, un théâtre hors du commun
On the 2nd anniversary of the monstrous attack which cost 90 people their lives on November 13th, 2015, and as the Bataclan theater opens its doors again, we wanted to pay tribute to this mythical place of Paris nightlife.
- Le Dîner de cons - French Film Fest
Laura's review for the Kwiziq French Film Fest.
- Le Farz Fourn (Spécialités de Bretagne)
Discover the Breton dessert known as Farz Fourn in our bilingual article. This is part of our Spécialités de Bretagne series.
- Le Festival du cinéma américain de Deauville
Learn about the American movie festival that takes place in Deauville, Normandy, each year.
- Le FIFF (Festival International du Film Francophone)
Learn about this great French-language film festival from Namur, in Belgium.
- Le Kig ha Farz (Spécialités de Bretagne)
Learn about the traditional Breton stew Kig ha Farz in our continuing Spécialités de Bretagne series
- Le Kouign Amann (Spécialités de Bretagne)
Learn about Bretagne's famous dessert Kouign Amann (butter cake) in this first installment of our Spécialités de Bretagne series.
- Le Salon du chocolat
Learn about Paris's annual chocolate festival while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Le Salon International de l'Agriculture
The annual Salon International de l'Agriculture is the largest French agricultural event of the year.
- Le TCF sur ordinateur
Learn how to take the official French test known as TCF (Test de Connaissance du Français), while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Le Tour de France
Learn about this famous French bike race and incredible test of endurance, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Le tournoi de Roland-Garros
Learn more about Roland-Garros tournament (or French Open), the only Grand Slam tournament played on clay courts, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Leap Day - La journée bissextile
This extra day comes but once every four years - learn the reason for Leap Day and Leap Year and how to talk about them in French.
- Léo et Popi : la Galette des Rois
Fun video about la Galette des Rois, featuring Léo et Popi from the classic French children's book by Helen Oxenbury.
- Les bonnes résolutions de fin d'année
New year, new opportunity to make exercise a habit. Here's what a French gym and some of its newest members have to say about it.
- Les bouchons, plaie de la route des vacances
When you're driving, the worst part of vacation is getting there and back, and France sees more than its fair share of summer traffic jams.
- Les cours d'anglais - Gad Elmaleh
Enjoy Gad Elmaleh's stand-up comedy about learning English in this video.
- Les Fêtes Johanniques de Reims
Learn about Reims's historical celebration commemorating Charles VII's coronation, while practising your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Les Galettes de Blé Noir (Spécialités de Bretagne)
Learn about Bretagne's delicious "galette de blé noir" - savoury buckwheat crêpe - in this latest installment of our Spécialités de Bretagne series.
- Les Lichouseries (Spécialités de Bretagne)
Learn about some of Bretagne's famous "lichouseries" - i.e. sweets [US: candy] - in this next installment of our Spécialités de Bretagne series.
- Les maillots du Tour de France
There are four official Tour de France jerseys - do you know what the colors mean?
- Les mamans calmes
To celebrate Mother's Day in France, here's a sketch by the famous French stand-up comedian Florence Foresti, in which she explores the difficulties of motherhood, especially the irritating case of "perfect moms." Language warning: some mild vulgarity.
- Les Médiévales d'Ouffet
Every two years, the Belgian town of Ouffet hosts Les Médiévales, a weekend medieval festival.
- Les nouvelles régions
The map of France underwent some big changes this year - learn about the new regions and their names in this bilingual article.
- Lupin - Interview d'Omar Sy (Séries françaises)
Listen to the awesome French actor Omar Sy tell us how TV show "Lupin" came to be, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Marianne (Les Symboles de la République française)
Learn about the origins of Marianne, the iconic woman of the French Republic, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Marie Curie
Ready for two minutes of women's history? Listen to French kids talking about renowned scientist Marie Curie in this cute video.
- Menton's Lemon Festival
The lovely French town of Menton is famous for its annual lemon festival. Take a behind-the-scenes look with this video.
- Milo - Les œufs en chocolat
Watch this fun video about Easter and follow along with the transcript and translation!
- Mon français est fantastique avec Kwiziq !
Rebecca tells us why she loves Kwiziq as her new French learning tool in this Bilingual article.
- Monsieur Grognon
Put your French negation skills to work with this bilingual article - click any phrase to see the English translation as well as links to related French grammar lessons.
- Naissance de la langue française
Modern French dates from about the year 1300, but where did it come from? Learn about the birth of French in this French audio and transcript - just click any phrase for the English translation and related grammar lessons.
- Noël en France - Christmas in France
How is Christmas celebrated in France? How are Christmas Eve and Christmas Day different in France than in the US or UK?
- Omar Sy - Interview Cinéma
French actor Omar Sy is known for a number of international hits, including Les Intouchables, X-Men: Days of Future Past and Jurassic World. In this interview, he talks (quickly!) about some of his favorite movies.
- Parle-t-on français ailleurs dans le monde ?
Is French spoken anywhere outside of France? Find out in this cute animated video for children.
- Partir étudier à l'étranger - les qualités à avoir
Listen to these French students talking about their experience of studying abroad, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Plus de faits intéressants sur le français
By popular demand, more interesting facts about French, while practising your French reading and listening skills.
- Plus tard - Bigflo & Oli
Did you ever have one of those funny superstitions when you were little? Reminisce with this melancholy song about childhood (and adulthood) by French hip-hop duo Bigflo & Oli composed of two brothers from Toulouse, while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Pollution à Paris
Air pollution is a problem all over the world, and the capital of France is no exception. Fortunately, the mayor of Paris is taking steps to reduce it.
- Pourquoi les Français sont-ils si fiers de leur cuisine ?
Why are the French so proud of their cuisine? Find out in this cute animated video.
- Pourra-t-on voir des feux d'artifice le 14 juillet 2020 ?
Will there be any fireworks to commemorate Bastille Day 2020? Find out what's happening in this video.
- Prénoms français
French parents are not completely free to choose their child's first name - learn about some surprising restrictions in this bilingual audio article.
- Préparatifs de Noël
Get ready for Christmas with this short bilingual article.
- Présentation de l'Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie
Learn about the organisation behind the International Day of Francophonie in this inspiring video.
- Public holidays in France
Learn about France's 11 public holidays, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Qu'est-ce que l'Avent ? What is Advent?
Learn about Advent and Advent calendars while practising your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Quand je serai grand
Watch this cute video of kids singing about what they'll do when they grow up, then see the lyrics in our bilingual reader
- Quelques faits intéressants sur le français
Take a break from learning French to learn some interesting facts about the French language, while practising your French reading and listening skills.
- Qui sont-ils ? Les Frères Bogdanoff
Learn about France's most famous twins, while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Recette - Le Gratin Bœuf, Potiron et Parmesan
Learn how to make a delicious beef, pumpkin, and parmesan gratin in this video and bilingual article.
- Rentrée scolaire - limiter les dépenses
The start of a new school year typically involves shopping for new supplies. This video shares some tips to keep these expenses as low as possible.
- Rentrée scolaire : la dictature de la mode
Video about the evolution of school smock and the latest back-to-school fashions in France.
- Romance au marché
Here's a cute story about love at first sight, packed with delicious French idioms.
- Rosh Hashana
Learn some traditions related to Rosh Hashana, a two-day celebration for the Jewish New Year.
- Septembre chez mes grands-parents
Reminisce about visiting grandparents in the fall in this audio article.
- Soirée d'Hallowe'en
A small town in Alsace scares people from all over the region with an elaborate haunted house garage.
- Songkran - Thai New Year
Did you know that Thailand celebrates New Year's in mid-April? Learn about the unique festival of Songkran in this bilingual article.
- Sous les Sunlights des Tropiques - Gilbert Montagné
Enjoy the sunny vibes of Gilbert Montagné's absolute classic of French summers since 1984, and sing along while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Tournent les violons - Jean-Jacques Goldman
Enjoy this 1991 tale of hope and disillusion by French singer-songwriter star Jean-Jacques Goldman, while practising your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Tous les garçons et les filles - Françoise Hardy
Enjoy the teenage melancholy of Françoise Hardy's classic song "Tous les garçons et les filles", while practising your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Tout pour la musique - France Gall
Celebrate music with this 1981 swinging classic by France Gall, and sing along while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Un cœur en hiver - French Film Fest
Rowen's Kwiziq French Film Fest review.
- Un Conte de Noël
Here's the first pages of Charles Dickens's classic "A Christmas Carol", adapted and translated at B1-Level to practise your listening and reading comprehension.
- Une journée dans ma vie d'au pair
Spend a day as a French au pair, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Y'a D'la Joie - Charles Trenet
Enjoy French icon Charles Trenet's anthem to happiness and levity, and sing along while practising your French listening comprehension.
B2: Upper Intermediate French listening exercises
- "Aux Merveilleux de Fred" à Lille (B2)
Christelle tells her guest all about Lille's amazing delicacy, Le Merveilleux.
- À bord du TGV (B2)
Olivier and Sophie are on the train to their holiday [US: vacation] destination.
- À la pêche aux coques (B2)
Amélie and her brother Bruno love fishing cockles on Normandy beaches.
- Acheter mon premier appartement (B2)
Fabienne is thinking about getting her first mortgage.
- Au Restaurant de la Plage (B2)
Cyril and Eve try the restaurant near the hotel by the beach and decide what to eat from the menu.
- Au Salon des Loisirs Créatifs (B2)
Olivia and Laure enjoy a visit to the arts and crafts fair.
- C'est quoi, le cricket ? (B2)
Priya explains the rules of cricket to her friend.
- Carpe Diem (B2)
Julien is making the biggest leap of his life by moving to his dream country!
- Célébrations de la Francophonie (B2)
Louise presents her city's programme of celebrations for Francophonie's 50th anniversary.
- Chez l'agent immobilier (B2)
Adrien is looking to rent an apartment in Angers.
- Chez le boucher (B2)
Mrs Pervenche needs a nice joint of beef for her guests.
- Chez le fleuriste (B2)
Madame Vidal is visiting her florist to order a very special gift.
- Choisir une banque différente (B2)
More "responsible" banking options for a different future.
- Contacter un prof particulier (B2)
Joséphine is calling her private tutor to resume their English lessons.
- Dans la cuisine de ma mère (B2)
Laëtitia reminisces about cooking with her mother.
- DÉCO, l'émission (B2)
Presenter Valérie tells us what changes the team is going to make to today's house.
- Des fleurs pour la Toussaint (B2)
Listen to an ad on where to find flowers for All Saints' Day in France.
- Des soldes décevantes (B2)
Justine was very disappointed by this year's winter sale.
- Description du docteur Arsène K. Merlan (B2)
Milo is surprised by the doctor's rather odd appearance...
- Devenir papas (B2)
George talks about his and his partner's experience when they became dads.
- En route pour le concert (B2)
Grégory, Ben and Lucie are (more or less!) on their way to a concert.
- Idées de cadeaux pour bébés (B2)
Daniel asks Aïssa for advice to find a baby gift.
- Il n'est jamais trop tard... (B2)
Betty's life-long French dream is finally about to come true.
- Jeux dans la cour de récré
Léo and Chloé are playing marbles in the school playground.
- Journal de 13h à la radio (B2)
Headlines of the 1 PM news - based on France Inter's 13h of the 24/08/21.
- L'écriture inclusive (B2)
What do we call "inclusive writing", and how to use it?
- L'entrée au collège (B2)
Christine's grandson is starting secondary school, and there's a lot to think about.
- L'esprit de Noël (B2)
Sophie is getting into the Christmas spirit!
- L'histoire de Rose et Jack
One of the most beautifully tragic love stories of modern times.
- L'omelette géante de Bessières (B2)
Learn about the French town of Bessières's unique Easter tradition.
- L'origine du mot "canicule" (B2)
Learn about the surprising etymology of the French word "canicule" (heatwave).
- La cuisine de mes rêves (B2)
Laura tells us about her great new custom kitchen.
- La Fête des Vendanges de Montmartre (B2)
Learn more about this special autumn festival in the middle of Paris!
- La Grande Odyssée (B2)
Magalie dreams of winning this prestigious French dog sled race.
- La jeune citoyenne (B2)
Hugo is so proud of his daughter and her green initiatives.
- La main verte (B2)
Gabrielle believes that everyone can develop green thumbs.
- La naissance de Marseille (B2)
Learn about the birth of the oldest French city.
- La Place de la Comédie à Montpellier (B2)
Discover Montpellier's main square.
- La science du pichet en terre cuite (B2)
Barbara explains the science behind the terracotta pitcher.
- La Ve République
Learn more about the current French political regime.
- Laissez un message ! (B2)
Listen to Anne-Sophie and Guy Degrenne's voice mail.
- Laure Manaudou (B2)
Learn about the exceptional career of one of the best French swimmers of all time.
- Le Baccalauréat
Aurélie tells us what this French exam is about.
- Le bonnet phrygien (B2)
Learn about the emblematic Phrygian hat.
- Le carnaval de l'école (B2)
Sabrina has decided to help with her daughter's school's costumes, and it's a lot of work!
- Le commerce équitable : un enjeu de société
Marina discusses the necessity to have a public discussion on fair trade.
- Le Conservatoire de Paris (B2)
Learn about this famous music institution in the French capital.
- Le déménagement (B2)
Geoffrey and Laura were moving out today.
- Le drapeau tricolore (B2)
Why is the French flag blue, white and red?
- Le Fantôme de l'Opéra (extrait)
At the Opera, dancers are spreading rumors of a monster.
- Le palais du pauvre fou (B2)
The "Ideal Palace" is as fascinating a piece of architecture as it is a wonderful story.
- Le Paris d'Amélie Poulain (B2)
Léa went for a walk through the key spots made iconic by the cult movie "Amelie" (Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain).
- Le Piton de la Fournaise, volcan de La Réunion (B2)
Learn about this marvel of nature, and La Réunion's true star!
- Le premier avril en France (B2)
Charlène explains how we celebrate April Fool's Day in France.
- Le relief de la France (B2)
Learn about France's geographical diversity.
- Les cloches de Pâques (B2)
Barbara tells us where the tradition of "Easter bells" come from.
- Les corvées du weekend (B2)
Liliane went through a good Spring Clean of her apartment this weekend!
- Les courses de Noël, quel enfer ! (B2)
Olivia had to go Christmas shopping at the last minute this year!
- Les noces d'or de mes grands-parents (B2)
Catherine was really moved by her grandparents' golden anniversary party.
- Les profils d'apprentissage (B2)
Learn about the different learning styles.
- Les violettes de Toulouse (B2)
Learn about the delicious specialty from Toulouse called "la violette cristallisée".
- Louis XIV et les artistes (B2)
Learn about Louis XIV's passion for the arts, which didn't come without an ambition to control his own image.
- Louise Attaque (B2)
Learn more about the French band Louise Attaque.
- Ma passion pour Harry Potter (B2)
Alicia is a massive Harry Potter fan.
- Ménage de printemps (B2)
Tomorrow, Sophie and her friends will do a big spring cleaning!
- Mes habitudes écologiques (B2)
Aurélie talks about her "green" habits to protect the planet.
- Mes résolutions pour la planète (B2)
This year, Julie has decided she'll be more eco-friendly!
- Mes supers décorations d’Halloween (B2)
Aurélie has really outdone herself for this year's Halloween!
- Mon jouet préféré (B2)
Marielle remembers her most memorable Christmas present.
- Mon voisin de pandémie (B2)
During the pandemic, Samuel got closer to his shielding neighbour Roger.
- Nigloland (B2)
Sabrina was enchanted by her discovery of this French theme park.
- Noël en Australie (B2)
Thibault will spend Christmas in Australia for the first time next year.
- Organiser un buffet champêtre (B2)
Sabrina organises a nice country-style buffet in her garden.
- Organiser un déménagement (B2)
Mathieu and Sylvie discuss what needs to be done for their move.
- Pour ou contre les zoos : une opinion (B2)
Juliette gives us her balanced opinion on zoos.
- Pour qui voter au second tour ? (B2)
Listen to three different voting intentions for the second round of the 2022 French presidential elections.
- Pourquoi arrêter de prendre l'avion (B2)
Olivia explains her decision not to take the plane any more.
- Préparer la cueillette de champignons (B2)
Pauline goes mushroom-picking every year, and she has all the right tools!
- Problèmes de voiture (B2)
David had a horrible time with his car yesterday!
- Que faire en vacances de neige ? (B2)
Joséphine is looking for activities to do with her young children on their upcoming holiday in the French Alps.
- Que faire pour Halloween ? (B2)
Samuel and Eva discuss what they'd like to do for Halloween.
- Recette des accras de morue antillais (B2)
Enjoy this delicious recipe for Caribbean cod fish cakes!
- Recommendations en vacances (B2)
Marie is on holiday [US:vacation] in France with her husband and asks the receptionist for suggestions.
- Recruter un nouvel employé (B2)
Pierre is looking for a new recruit for his company.
- Regarder le foot à la télé (B2)
Carole and Sabine are watching a football [US:soccer] game together.
- Rendez-vous d'urgence (B2)
François is calling his doctor's practice for an emergency consultation.
- Rentrée de professeur (B2)
Teacher Alicia tells us how she prepares for going back to school.
- Réveillon chez Mamie (B2)
Sabine will spend Christmas Eve Dinner at her grandmother's house this year.
- Si j'étais Fantômette !
Stéphanie has always dreamt of being the famous Fantômette!
- Soirée d'hiver entre amis (B2)
Jean-François and Sophie are getting ready for a fondue night.
- Son premier animal (B2)
Sonia's daughter Chloé is getting her first pet for her birthday.
- Sur mon trente-et-un (B2)
Yesterday, Lucie was all dressed up for a special occasion.
- Un 25 décembre en famille (B2)
In Elsa's family, December 25 is a lazy post-Christmas day.
- Un divan à Tunis (B2)
Discover this French-speaking comedy and its French-Tunisian director Manele Labidi.
- Un message de Maman (B2)
Jonathan's mother left him a voice mail.
- Un nouveau passeport (B2)
A new passport Grégory needs to renew his passport to go on holiday [US: vacation].
- Un régime sain (B2)
Élodie decided to change her diet to feel better.
- Un repas savoyard (B2)
What Hélène likes the most on a ski holiday is the mountain restaurant!
- Un temps de chien ! (B2)
On that day, a storm was coming...
- Un voyage en Corse (B2)
Emmanuelle needs ideas for her upcoming visit to Corsica with her family.
- Une bonne explication... (B2)
Florence knows that there must be an explanation as to why she hasn't heard from her date again yet.
- Une différence flagrante (B2)
Paula talks about the changes in Catherine's personality after her career change.
- Une histoire romantique (B2)
Practise French expressions about love with this sweet love story.
- Une invitation de "bridezilla" (B2)
Enjoy this entitled Bridezilla's wedding requirements!
- Une maman très fière (B2)
Viviane loves her son's hand-made presents!
- Une promotion tant attendue (B2)
Céline finally got promoted!
- Une recette de sorcière (B2)
Enjoy this deliciously disgusting Hallowe'en recipe!
- Une soirée aux urgences (B2)
Isabelle had to visit the A&E [US: ER] for a medical emergency.
- Une soirée folle ! (B2)
Sophie had a crazy night out.
- Visite de routine à la ferme (B2)
Veterinarian Claire will do her weekly check-up routine at the Durands' farm next Thursday.
- Visite de Vire (B2)
Jacqueline's sister visited the French city of Vire, in Normandy.
- 6 juin 1944 : voyage à travers le temps
Witness the commemoration of the Allied landing in Normandy, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- 8 mai 1945 : la capitulation de l'Allemagne à Reims
Learn about Germany surrendered to Allied forces on the 8th of May 1945, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Allô les urgences vétérinaires ?
Cat stuck in a tree? Call the emergency vet service.
August 15 is the Catholic holiday of Assomption (Assumption Day) and is férié (a public holiday) in France.
- Au Clair de la Lune (Comptines de France)
Sing yourselves to sleep with this classic French lullaby while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Au Restaurant de la Plage
Enjoy lunch at a beachside restaurant, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Au secours ! Je n'ai plus internet !
Need help dealing with customer support when your internet goes out? Check out this audio article for some useful phrases.
- Basique - OrelSan
Practise your French rapping skills with OrelSan's "Basique".
- Bastille Day
Happy Bastille Day! Learn about the French national holiday in our bilingual audio article.
- Beaujolais nouveau : ne l'appelez plus piquette !
It's that time of year again, when wine lovers gather to taste the young wine known as Beaujolais Nouveau. But is it really as good - or bad? - as they say?
- Bretagne news - sketch by Les Inconnus
Get an (exaggerated) idea about French as it's spoken in Bretagne in this humorous sketch by Les Inconnus (a famous French trio of humorists from the 90's).
- Bruxelles je t'aime - Angèle
Celebrate the Belgian capital with Angèle's upbeat love song to Brussels, while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Bûche de Noël : recette
Find out how to make the most classic of French Christmas desserts: la bûche de Noël.
- Charles Aznavour s'éteint à 94 ans
Famed French-Armenian singer passed away in October 2018. Watch this video highlighting aspects of his talented career, then scroll down for the transcript in our bilingual reader.
- Claude Monet's "Water Lilies"
Learn about the story behind the unique way Claude Monet's Water Lilies are displayed, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Comme Avant (ConfinementSong)
Sing along to GiedRé's bittersweet song about life before lockdown, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Comment demander la nationalité française (Deuxième partie)
Learn how to apply for French citizenship with the second half of this official video, while practising your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Comment demander la nationalité française (Première partie)
Learn how to apply for French citizenship with the first half of this official video, while practising your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Comment préparer son bagage en cabine
Get some useful packing tips with this video by Catherine Schwaab.
- Coupe du Monde 1998
Twenty years ago, France beat Brazil to become world champions of European football (aka soccer). In this video, trainer Aimé Jacquet shares his first thoughts.
- Dans les coulisses du Moulin Rouge
The Moulin Rouge is a world-famous revue in Paris. Take a look behind the scenes and sequins with this video report.
- Décès de l'ancien président Jacques Chirac, l'animal politique
Former French president and mayor of Paris Jacques Chirac passed away on 26 September 2019. Learn about the legacy of this political animal in this video from France24.
- Découvrez les candidats français à l'Eurovision 2022 !
Discover France's 2022 Eurovision contestants and their song, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Demande d'emploi
This audio article about a job letter was specially written to help you prepare for the listening and reading portions of the AP French exam.
- Départ en Vacances 1 - Sur la route des vacances
Dreading going on holiday [US: vacation] with small children? Fortunately, Céline is here with some fun tips to prepare for your car trip!
- Départ en Vacances 2 - Sur place
Dreading going on holiday [US: vacation] with small children? Fortunately, Céline is here with some fun tips to pick your holiday [US:vacation] rental!
- Des initiatives pour parents et enfants pendant le confinement
Discover some initiatives in Belgium to teach and entertain children during lockdown, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Des vacances mémorables
Laurence and Arnaud go on a dream vacation to celebrate 5 years together in this audio article.
- Devant un match de foot
Join two friends to watch a football [US:soccer] game on TV, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Dialectes et langues régionales
For centuries, France was divided into two main dialectal regions. Learn about the development of French in this bilingual article.
- Dix pour cent : la bonne recette
Discover "Dix pour cent", a humorous French TV series about the trials and tribulations of movie star agents.
- Dix pour cent : la bonne recette (suite)
Part 2 of the video about "Dix pour cent", a humorous French TV series about the trials and tribulations of movie star agents.
- Engrenages (Séries françaises) - Interview "flashback" de Thierry Godart et Caroline Proust
Enjoy a lively interview with actors Thierry Godart and Caroline Proust from the successful TV show "Engrenages" (Spiral), while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Et tout le monde s'en fout : L'eau
Funny video (with some vulgar language) about a serious subject: water.
- Fête de la Musique
La Fête de la Musique is an annual celebration in France and around the world. Learn a bit of its history in our bilingual audio article, then listen to a few French variety classics.
- Fête de la musique : interview de Jack Lang
Discover how 1981 Ministre de la Culture Jack Lang explain came up with "la Fête de la Musique", while practising your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Fête des Lumières à Lyon
Lyon's Festival of Light is a must-see event where the walls of buildings become movie screens. Here's a taste of what's in store in 2017, including the newest security measures.
- Films français - La sélection de Céline
Here's a selection of 3 great French movies to (re)discover and enjoy!
- Films français (2) - La sélection de Cécile
Here's another selection of 3 great French movies to (re)discover and enjoy!
- Haiti's story of independence
Haiti was the first French colony to gain independence, in large part thanks to one man.
- Hallowe'en in France
At a nursery school in Biarritz, kids get ready for Halloween with stuffed pumpkins and favorite costumes.
- Héritage de Johnny Hallyday
Despite being French, Johnny Hallyday wrote his will in the United States, which allowed him to disinherit his children. Find out how they're challenging the will and whether they have a case in this video.
- Histoire d'animaux
Learn or practise some French expressions with animals in this cute bilingual story.
- Histoires d'argent
A bilingual text about different relationships to money, rich in French idioms.
- Immigrer au Canada
If you dream of immigrating [UK: emigrating] to Canada, this official video has the vital information you need.
- Jean de La Fontaine (Portraits français)
Learn about French poet Jean de La Fontaine, while practising your French reading and listening skills.
- Johnny Hallyday : 1943-2017
Watch this hommage to Johnny Hallyday, a French rock and roll legend who died in December 2017.
- Joséphine Baker au Panthéon
Learn about the decision to welcome Josephine Baker into the French Panthéon, while practising your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Kaamelott (Séries françaises) - Pourquoi si culte ?
Learn about "Kaamelott", a pastiche of the Arthurian legend and one of the most popular French series of the 2000s, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- L'Appel du 18 Juin 1940
The Appeal of 18 June is considered the origin of the French Resistance during World War II. Learn how it came about in this French video with transcript and translation.
- L'automne au marché de Landerneau
French markets are full of beautifully coloured food, and never more so than in autumn. Visit the Landernau market with this French video, including transcript and translation.
- L'Entretien de Naturalisation française de Shui
Our very own Shui tells us about her naturalisation interview in France, while you practise your French reading and listening comprehension.
- La Bohème - Charles Aznavour
Travel to the old Montmartre with this classic song by Charles Aznavour, "La Bohème", while practising your French listening comprehension.
- La Bretagne se révèle en Côtes d'Armor
The northwestern corner of France is a beautiful region called Bretagne, or Brittany. Discover a few of its secrets and myths in this fast-paced video.
- La Chandeleur
The 2nd of February is known as Chandeleur, la fête des chandelles, or le jour des crêpes - learn all about it in this video.
- La construction de la tour Eiffel
Learn more about how France's most iconic monument came to be, while practising your French listening comprehension.
- La Déclaration d'Indépendance de la Belgique (4 octobre 1830)
Learn about how Belgium proclaimed its independence, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- La Famille Bélier, le film franco-belge qui a inspiré CODA
Learn about the Franco-Belgian movie that inspired Academy Award winner "CODA", while practising your B2 French reading and listening comprehension.
- La main dans le sac
Learn or practise some idiomatic French expressions in this bilingual caper.
- La rentrée, quelle angoisse !
Get ready to go back to school with an anxious but excited lycéenne in our bilingual audio article.
- Le Camembert de Normandie (Spécialités de France)
Learn about Normandy's famous cheese: le camembert.
- Le Club des Poètes
If you like Paris and poetry, you'll love le Club des Poètes. Find out about this thrice-weekly opportunity to recite poetry in our bilingual audio article.
- Le coq gaulois (Les Symboles de la République française)
Learn about the origin of this symbol of the French Republic while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Le DELF-DALF en témoignages
The DELF and DALF are official French proficiency tests. In this video, French teachers in various countries talk about what DELF and DALF mean to them.
- Le drapeau tricolore (Les Symboles de la République française)
Learn about the origins of the French tricolor flag, symbol of the French Republic, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Le Gouren (Les sports régionaux de France)
Discover Brittany's own martial art called "Gouren", while you practise your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Le grand nettoyage de printemps
Take part in the big spring cleaning with this audio article.
- Le Jardin de Claude Monet à Giverny
Learn about painter Claude Monet's wonderful gardens in Giverny, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Le Louvre : 800 ans d'Histoire
Did you know that the Louvre, one of the most famous museums in the world, was originally a fortress? Learn about the history of this Parisian monument in this fascinating video.
- Le premier mai
In much of the world, the 1st of May is a public holiday called Labour Day. Learn the history in this French video with transcript and translation.
- Le ski - Têtes à Claques
Difficult but funny Québécois claymation video about a downhill skier calling emergency services - for himself.
- Le suffrage universel masculin - 5 mars 1848
France was the first country to institute universal men's suffrage. Find out how that came about in this audio article and bilingual reader.
- Le XVIIIe siècle, le siècle des Lumières
Learn about some of France's rich history in this video.
- Les animaux en vacances
Pets are important to the French, so much so that they're often included in family vacations. This can be something of a challenge, as you'll learn in this video report.
- Les belles histoires - Bénabar
Enjoy French singer Bénabar's musical love letter to these romantic tropes we all grew up on, and sing along while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Les Bêtises de Cambrai et les Chardons Lorrains (Spécialités de France)
Learn about some traditional candies from different regions of France.
- Les Français vus par les étrangers
Listen to some opinions about the French by people all over the world while working on your French listening comprehension.
- Les sites touristiques incontournables de la Guadeloupe
Discover the beautiful archipelago of Guadeloupe in this informative video, while practising your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Lettre au Père Noël
Read Lise's letter to Santa to practise your French Christmas vocabulary as well as listening and reading comprehension.
- Lettre de Nicolas Bedos à son père, le comédien Guy Bedos
French actor and stand-up comedian Guy Bedos passed away on May 28th 2020. To say good-bye, his son Nicolas Bedos, also an actor (and writer/director), wrote a very moving letter, read here on French radio by literary journalist Augusting Trapenard.
- Lynda Lemay - Les Maudits Français
To celebrate Quebec's National Day, la Saint-Jean-Baptiste (June 24th) and la Fête de la Musique (June 21st), here is a song by Québécois singer-songwriter Lynda Lemay.
- Ma sœur - Clara Luciani
Enjoy French singer Clara Luciani's ode to sisterly love, and sing along while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Mardi gras ~ Pancake Day
Learn about the various names and celebrations for the day before Ash Wednesday.
- Mon année à l'étranger
Quelle chance ! Spend a year in France with this audio article and bilingual reader.
- Mon répondeur
Listen to a French answering machine and its messages to practise your listening and reading comprehension.
- Noël à Kaysersberg
No trip to France during the Christmas season would be complete without a visit to one of the famous Christmas marchés, and the one in Kaysersberg is perhaps the most authentic.
- On va camper ce weekend !
This audio article about camping was specially written to help you prepare for the listening and reading portions of the AP French exam.
- Papaoutai - Stromae
Discover the lyrics of Stromae's international hit "Papaoutai", and sing along while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Pézenas : Destination estivale
Pézenas is a beautiful town in southern France loaded with history, culture, and artistic significance. Learn about this "green pearl" in our French audio article with transcript and translation.
- Poisson d'avril !
April's fish... what? Learn about the silly celebration that takes place in France on the 1st of April.
- Pokémon Go - La chasse est ouverte
Pokémon Go has taken the world by storm, and while we can't offer any tips on finding Charmanders or Jigglypuffs, we can help you understand their French names in our bilingual article.
- Prévisions Météo
Check out this French weather report for some useful vocabulary and expressions.
- Quel est le sens spirituel du Carnaval et du Mardi Gras ?
Carnaval and Mardi Gras are huge, weeks-long celebrations in Nice, Venice, New Orleans, Rio de Janeiro, and many other cities around the world. Find out about their religious origins in this video.
- Réalisatrices françaises
In honour of International Women's Day on 8th March, we're celebrating and highlighting the top 5 female film directors in the world of Francophone cinema.
- Rentrée de professeur
The start of a new school year is a big deal for students as well as teachers, as heard in this audio article.
- Reste à la maison
Yann Lambiel's parody of the song "Y a le printemps qui chante" by Claude François.
- RIP Minsky, the father of artificial intelligence
Learn about Marvin Minsky, the father of artificial intelligence - and our beloved Kwizbot's spiritual grandfather, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Sans toi - Pomme
Sing along with French singer Pomme's pop folk song "Sans toi", while practising your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Simone, la voix de la SNCF
Meet Simone, the iconic voice of French train stations, while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Taxi !
Listen to this dialog between a taxi driver and a customer for some useful French expressions.
- Trois minutes pour comprendre Thanksgiving
Enjoy this video that offers a quick overview of Thanksgiving, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Trottinettes électriques-À quand la fin de l'anarchie à Paris?
Electric scooters can be found all over Paris - at least until the police come along and have them impounded.
- Une rentrée plutôt réussie !
B2 French interactive listening article
- Une Saint-Valentin parfaite
Enjoy this tale of two opposite Valentine's Days, while practising your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Visite de la Côte Fleurie (Normandie)
Visit some lovely towns along the coast of Normandy, including Honfleur, Trouville-sur-Mer, and Deauville.
- Visite de Marseille
See the sights and taste the bouillabaisse while visiting the French city of Marseille with SNCF.
- Visite de Strasbourg en Alsace
Visit the beautiful Alsatian town of Strasbourg and taste some local beer in this video.
- Visite du Périgord
View castles from a riverboat, visit prehistoric caves, and taste truffles in the beautiful French region of Périgord.
C1: Advanced French listening exercises
- “Mon rêve familier” de Paul Verlaine (C1)
Here's one of Paul Verlaine's most famous poems, where he reminisces about dreaming about a perfect woman.
- À l’aéroport
Sophie and Anne discuss what to do before getting on the plane.
- À la laverie automatique (C1)
Laëtitia and Yvan complain about having to go to the laundrette.
- Aïe Aïe Aïe ! Ça brûle ! (C1)
Jean-François got badly sunburnt last weekend.
- Bienvenue dans l'équipe (C1)
Barbara welcomes the new member of her professional team.
- Chasseurs de fripes (C1)
Paul tells Mathilde about awesome bargains at the second-hand store.
- Claude Nougaro et Toulouse (C1)
Learn about the Toulouse-born singer and his deep connection to the Pink City.
- Coluche (C1)
The French comedian is still much loved in France, 30 years after his death.
- Combattre l'hypocondrie (C1)
Nathalie talks about her struggle with hypochondria.
- Comment bien monter sa tente (C1)
Here are a few tips to help you pitch your tent properly.
- Cours d'aérobic (C1)
Burn the fat with aerobics coach Daniella!
- Critique gastronomique (C1)
Sabrina and her husband were delighted by their dinner experience at Lou Pignatoun restaurant.
- Croisière au Canada (C1)
Listen to this enticing ad for a Canadian cruise.
- Dans le train de nuit (C1)
Amandine traveled on the night train to meet up with some friends.
- Découverte d'Entraygues-sur-Truyère (C1)
Gisèle introduces her beloved Aveyron village and its many charms.
- Départ en vacances
Julie and Patrick are discussing how to avoid the rush of holiday [US: vacation] departures.
- Des lettres d'un autre temps... (C1)
Lydia made a romantic discovery in her grandparents' attic...
- Discours de lancement de produit (C1)
Valérie is giving a thank you speech on the launch of their new product.
- Dur dur de réviser (C1)
Géraldine is struggling to stay focused on revisions in sunny June.
- Emploi de ménage (C1)
Monsieur Jacquard explains today's cleaning job to the cleaning team.
- En ce jour de Fête des Pères... (C1)
Samuel visits his father's grave on this day, always so special to them both.
- Entretien pour être fille au pair
Interview to be an au pair Jane applies to be an au pair in France.
- Festival culturel pour les réfugiés (C1)
Anne-Claire explains the benefits of their cultural refugee festival.
- Fête d'anniversaire surprise
Florence and Quentin discuss the surprise birthday party they're organising for their friend Vincent.
- Flash Info ! (C1)
Follow a last-minute news report on live TV.
- Ikea (C1)
Alice has decided to get a brand new kitchen from Ikea.
- J'ai besoin d'aide, Docteur ! (C1)
Yann tells his doctor about his painful back problems.
- Janvier Sobre (C1)
After the holidays' excesses, why not try the "Dry January" challenge?
- Je déteste les anniversaires ! (C1)
Amélie hates birthday celebrations, especially when it's hers!
- Je n'ai plus d'argent ! (C1)
Mathieu tells his friend why he's broke this month.
- L'enseignement en ligne (C1)
Catherine talks about her experience having to suddenly teach online.
- L'exploitation des forêts (C1)
Solène tells us about the pressing issue of deforestation.
- L'histoire du macaron français (C1)
Learn more about this elegant and delicious confection.
- L'histoire du pastis (C1)
Marielle tells us more about this typically French aperitif drink.
- L'université de la Sorbonne (C1)
Learn about the most famous French university.
- La Basilique Notre-Dame-de-la-Paix de Yamoussoukro (C1)
Discover the largest church in the world, located in the administrative capital of Ivory Coast.
- La Ferme Auberge A Pignata en Corse (C1)
Discover this charming location for an authentic Corsican experience.
- La Fête des Voisins (C1)
Learn about this fairly recent celebration of French origin.
- La Galette des Rois (C1)
Isabelle tells us about the right way to eat French "galette des rois".
- La madeleine de Proust (C1)
Learn the origin of this popular French expression.
- La peur dans tous ses états ! (C1)
Practise many colourful ways to express fear in French.
- La science du langage (C1)
Linguistics as a science made a giant leap thanks to one great discovery.
- Le casse-tête des cadeaux (C1)
Thierry lists everything that annoys him when having to pick a gift.
- Le Centre belge de la bande dessinée (C1)
Isabelle gives her impressions on Brussels's iconic Comic Strip Center.
- Le chauffage (C1)
Amélie asks Marc to help her with the heating system.
- Le congé paternité en France (C1)
Learn about the latest improvements to French paternity leave.
- Le coup d'État du 18 Brumaire (C1)
Learn how Napoleon Bonaparte became Head of State following a coup d'Etat in 1799.
- Le défi du métro parisien (C1)
Estelle really struggled to find her bearings when she first moved to the capital.
- Le Grand Raid de La Réunion (C1)
Joël talks about the craziest marathon he's ever done.
- Le Hellfest de Clisson (C1)
Learn about this internationally-acclaimed, record-beating festival of heavy metal music.
- Le jeu télévisé "Des chiffres et des lettres" (C1)
Learn about one of the longest-running TV game shows in the world.
- Le Lac du Der, le paradis des ornithologues amateurs (C1)
Discover this beautiful lake of the Champagne region in France, and its amazing birds.
- Le marché aux poissons (C1)
Louise remembers discovering a fish market on a sunny holiday in Brittany.
- Le pire hôtel de Hollande (C1)
Carole tells Samuel about her worst hotel experience ever!
- Le poème "Voyelles" de Rimbaud (C1)
Learn about one of Rimbaud's most famous poems.
- Le Prix Goncourt (C1)
Learn about this prestigious French literary award.
- Le rangement d'après Noël (C1)
Suzanne has already started to put the Christmas decorations away.
- Le réalisateur Ladj Ly et "Les Misérables" (C1)
French director Ladj Ly on his film "Les Misérables".
- Léopold Sédar Senghor (C1)
Fatima tells us about one the greatest Francophone writers.
- Les Arènes d'Arles (C1)
Learn about this fascinating ruin of the Roman era.
- Les Fleurs du Mal (C1)
Learn about French poet Baudelaire's conception of beauty and poetry.
- Les héros en herbe (C1)
Children are more than ever the future.
- Les modalités du don d'organes en France (C1)
Here's some information about organ donation in France.
- Les origines de la Saint-Sylvestre (C1)
Why is December 31st Saint Sylvester's Day in the calendar?
- Les prévisions météo pour demain matin (C1)
Here's the weather forecast for tomorrow morning.
- Les soldats-poètes de la Première Guerre Mondiale (C1)
Amélia tells us about the French poets who fought during the First World War.
- Les vendanges (C1)
Florence harvested grapes with her friend Samuel this year.
- Les viennoiseries françaises (C1)
Mélanie talks about her guilty pleasure: French "viennoiserie" pastries.
- Lettre au Père Fouettard (C1)
Julie writes to the Boogeyman to ask for his leniency after a naughty year!
- Lettre d'une pianiste à une autre (C1)
Chloë writes to her piano teacher grandmother about her own musical progress.
- Ma grand-mère, une pâtissière exceptionnelle
Mélanie remembers the summer afternoons she spent watching her grandmother baking delicious treats.
- Ma mère est une super-héroïne (C1)
Adrien is in awe of his amazing single mother.
- Ma première chasse aux œufs (C1)
Sabrina remembers her first egg hunt, when she was still so little!
- Mamie la couturière (C1)
Marie-Louise's grandson asked for a clown costume.
- Mardi Gras à La Nouvelle-Orléans (C1)
Did you know where New Orleans's famous Mardi Gras came from?
- Merci au personnel soignant (C1)
Amélie wanted to thank the hospital staff who took care of her father.
- Merci Maman (C1)
Agathe thanks her mother for everything she's done for her.
- Mes deux pâtisseries françaises favorites (C1)
Stéphanie presents her two favorite French cakes: the fraisier and the Paris-Brest.
- Mes projets pour 2021 (C1)
Aurélie has made a list of everything she will do after the pandemic.
- Mes souvenirs de vacances d'été (C1)
Sofiane remembers going on summer holidays [vacations] at her grandparents' farm.
- Mina est réveillée ! (C1)
Family cat Mina is always the first up in the morning!
- Mon grand-père (C1)
Louise talks about the amazing influence her grandfather had on her life.
- Monsieur Dépensier (C1)
Geoffrey can't seem to control his spending!
- Pâques-atastrophe ! (C1)
Despite her best efforts to make Easter perfect, Madeleine ended up with egg on her face!
- Pardon Professeur (C1)
Nina writes a letter of apology after disrespecting her teacher.
- Parler des "fake news" en français (C1)
A French-language commission came up with a translation for the ubiquitous expression "fake news".
- Peindre des figurines (C1)
Christelle reminisces about her teenage passion for Warhammer figures.
- Pendaison de crémaillère (C1)
Thomas marvels at Tania's new place at her housewarming party.
- Philippe Costamagna, détective des œuvres d’art (C1)
Philippe Costamagna has a fascinating job: he investigates works of art!
- Pour ou contre le mariage : une opinion (C1)
Béatrice had a strong opinion about weddings until...
- Pourquoi consommer des fruits et légumes de saison ? (C1)
Here are some arguments in favour of eating seasonal produce.
- Pourquoi monter son propre PC (C1)
Caroline tells us about the benefits of building your own gaming PC.
- Pronostics pour le France-Irlande du Tournoi des Six Nations
A sports commentator discuss the predictions for the next Six Nation Tournament rugby game, opposing France to Ireland.
- Qualification des basketteuses françaises à Rio en 2016 (C1)
Listen to this review of the French women's basketball team 2016 victory against Canada.
- Quelle panique ! (C1)
The organisation of Patricia's party was a bit chaotic !
- Ramonage d'hiver (C1)
Elisabeth talks about having her chimney swept before winter
- Rencontrer ma belle-famille (C1)
Sonia is dreading meeting her partner's family for the first time.
- Repas Pascal (C1)
Marina really enjoyed spending Easter Sunday with her family.
- Technopathies (C1)
Flavie wonders about the emergence of mental health issues linked to technology.
- Téléphone (C1)
Hugo talks about his passion for the French rock band Téléphone.
- Toast de remerciement (C1)
Sylvie thanks professional partners at the end of a successful project.
- Tournoi de pétanque (C1)
Léon explains to Marius why he won't make the boules tournament.
- Travailler à Disneyland Paris (C1)
Émilie talks about her job as a character actor at Disneyland Paris.
- Trop beau pour être vrai ! (C1)
Laurent and his girlfriend had an unpleasant surprise when discovering their hotel...
- Ubisoft (C1)
Learn a bit more about the French video games company Ubisoft.
- Un hiver particulièrement rigoureux (C1)
Practise your French expressions about the cold with Marianne's memories of a harsh winter.
- Un imprévu au programme !
Liliane asks her partner François for an unforeseen change to their after-work routine.
- Un pique-nique mouvementé (C1)
This long-awaited picnic really turned on a dime!
- Un restaurant (presque) parfait (C1)
Flora and her husband had an (almost) perfect experience at the town's new restaurant.
- Un souvenir de couturière (C1)
Christine recalls visiting the haberdashery [US: fabric store] for the first time.
- Un voyage en Normandie (C1)
Valérie remembers fondly her trip to Normandy.
- Une maman épanouie (C1)
Amélie would have never thought she'd love being a mother so much!
- Une routine très précise (C1)
Julie has a very precise daily routine...to the minute !
- Une victoire inattendue (C1)
Julia thought she was winning at Scrabble against her grandma...
- Visite de la Seine (C1)
Discover Paris from the Seine river with this audioguide description.
- Vivre avec l'arthrite (C1)
Aurélie talks about her experience of psoriatic arthritis.
- Voir la vie en rose (C1)
Stéphanie woke up in a great mood today!
- Alsatian accent
Get an (exaggerated) idea about French as it's spoken in Alsace in this humorous sketch by Les Inconnus (a famous French trio of humorists from the 90's).
- Ces fautes qui deviennent des règles - La Chronique Langue de Laélia Veron
Learn about the fascinating evolution of the French language, when today's mistakes become tomorrow's rules.
- Chez Victor Hugo à Guernesey
Discover Victor Hugo's amazing mansion Hauteville House on the island of Guernsey, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Dans les coulisses de "Plus Belle La Vie" (Séries Françaises)
Sneak behind the scenes of France's most popular soap opera "Plus Belle la Vie", while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Georges Brassens et la ville de Sète
Discover the lovely Southern city of Sète through its most iconic singer Georges Brassens, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Henri Matisse au Centre Pompidou
Enjoy a fascinating retrospective on French painter Henri Matisse at the Pompidou Center in Paris, while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Histoire des Jeux Olympiques Modernes
Discover how the modern Olympic Games came to be, while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Histoire et origine du français canadien
The French spoken in Québec is different than what you might be used to - but why? Check out this animated video for an explanation of the Québécois accent ...
- J'attends - Ben Mazué & Pomme
Discover all the sincerity of French singer Ben Mazué in his beautifully written duet with Pomme, "J'attends", while practising your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Jeanne d'Arc (Portraits français)
Learn about Joan of Arc - Jeanne d'Arc - while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Kwiziq dans le "Crystal Maze"
In May 2018, the Kwiziq Team met in London for a week of work - and just a bit of fun, including a visit to The Crystal Maze Experience.
Learn about the mobile jour férié and Christian holiday of Ascension, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- L'histoire de la Fête Nationale
Learn about the history of France's national holiday, le 14 juillet, in this informative video.
- L'histoire de la Saint-Sylvestre
Discover why December 31st is also known as "la Saint-Sylvestre" in France, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- La Saint-Valentin
Celebrate Valentine's Day with this funny video about interpreting gestures on a first date.
- La Toussaint
Learn about the importance of la Toussaint, or All Saints' Day in France, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Le Carnaval de Dunkerque comme si vous y étiez
Discover Dunkirk's colourful Carnival, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Le Cassoulet, plat traditionnel du Sud Ouest (Spécialités de France)
Learn about le cassoulet, a traditional dish enjoyed throughout southwest France.
- Le confinement, quelle vie de chien !
Find out what confinement is like from a new perspective in our bilingual audio article.
- Les Accras de Morue des Antilles (Spécialités de France)
Learn about one of the most popular culinary specialities in the West Indies: Guadeloupe's famous accras de morue (cod fritters).
- Les origines du Tournoi des Six Nations
Learn about the origins of this European rugby competition, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Ma routine pendant le Ramadan
Learn about Ramadan celebrations with Hajar, while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Mon Noël d'antan
Remember what Christmas was like when you were a child in this bilingual audio article.
- On ira - ZAZ
Enjoy this catchy song and colorful video while practicing your (fast!) French listening comprehension.
- Pourquoi est-on ivre plus vite lorsqu'on n'a pas mangé ?
Learn the fascinating answer to this question in this fun short program, while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Premier Mai, poème de Victor Hugo
Listen to Victor Hugo's lovely poem about spring "Premier Mai", while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Quand Mai 68 changea la France
May 1968 was a turning point in French history. On this 50th anniversary, learn how students and workers revolutionalized France.
- S'occuper sans écran - La drôle d'humeur de Marina Rollman
Enjoy this funny radio sketch by Swiss comedian Marina Rollman about life without computer screens, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Savoyard accent
Get an (exaggerated) idea about French as it's spoken in Savoie in this humorous sketch by Les Inconnus (a famous French trio of humorists from the 90s).
- Thanksgiving contre les Indiens d'Amérique
Learn about some of the controversy surrounding the US celebration of Thanksgiving, while practising your B2 French listening and reading comprehension.
- Une Saint-Valentin entre filles
No Valentine? No problem!
- V pour Vendetta
In honour of Guy Fawkes Night (November 5th), let's take a look at V for Vendetta, a 2006 political thriller film set in a dystopian United Kingdom under the rule of a neo-fascist regime, where V, the mysterious anarchist freedom fighter tries to start a revolution through elaborate terrorist acts. Highly recommended!
- Valéry Giscard d'Estaing - Une rétrospective en images
Former French President Valéry Giscard d’Estaing died of Covid-19 on 2 December, 2020, at the age of 94. Take a look back at his life and career in this video from Le Monde.
- Vendée Globe 2016 / 2017
Vendée Globe is a grueling, non-stop solo round the world race without assistance.
- Very Low Cost Airlines
Think the last flight you took was bad? It probably doesn't compare to this one!
- Victor Hugo (Portraits français)
Learn more about famous author Victor Hugo, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- Visite de Fort Royer sur l'île d'Oléron
Discover the fascinating site of Fort Royer on Île d'Oléron while practising your French listening comprehension.