1) To copy (record) something onto a notebook : copier qch. dans un carnet ?
2) To copy (fraudulently) the exercise from a friend : copier l'exercice sur un ami ?
3) To copy some sentences from a book : copier des phrases sur un livre ?
I would say -
1. Inscrire sur un carnet = I prefer in English to write/note down
2. Copier sur un ami
3. Inscrire quelques phrases d'un livre sur...
Hope this helps!
Copier une phrase dans un carnet. -- To copy a phrase FROM a notebook.(Used this way, in my understanding, it is the notebook you copy it FROM not where you copy it to.)
I copy the sentence in a book. -- This sounds a bit strange in English, but in French it means that the original sentence is in the book from which you take it and copy it to somewhere else.
Sign in to submit your answer
Don't have an account yet? Join today
Test your French to the CEFR standard