je vais dans ma chambre


Kwiziq community member

29 March 2017

1 reply

je vais dans ma chambre

if I want to say I am going to my room, my office, the kitchen. but not going in to it, how would I write it differently than I am going into my room. thank you


Kwiziq language super star

31 March 2017


Bonjour Sue ! To say "to go to *somewhere*", you can use the preposition "à" : Je vais à la cuisine. Tu va à ton bureau. [Though I wouldn't use it for "bedroom", it sounds weird, we'd rather use just "dans" here.] I hope that's helpful! À bientôt !

Your answer

Login to submit your answer

Don't have an account yet? Join today

Think you've got all the answers?

Test your French to the CEFR standard

find your French level »
Let me take a look at that...